PDA

View Full Version : VIN history

wauwau
07-17-2017, 01:27 PM
I am from Austria and about to buy a 1959 Galaxie Skyliner with VIN H9RW102798.
The plate of the driver side pillar has obviously been replaced by a simple Aluminium plate with stamped VIN and wrong (tahitian bronze) trimcode. (Car is turquoise white)
Engine cast number is 5751091
The Vehicle was registrated 07-08 in Bexar County Texas with a license plate S65FLV and 'correct' number RW102798
Now my questions:
Can I trust this Skyliner?
Has anybody any further Information of this skyliner's history?

victorialynn2
08-08-2017, 04:07 PM
You might try posting in a more active forum like AACA. If you do, I would suggest posting pictures of the car and VIN plate. That usually gets more views and attention and more likely to get an answer. As far as the paint, I would think nearly all of these cars have been repainted by now?

I too have a 57 Retractable from that part of Texas. My father purchased it around 1998. It has been repainted at some point. Can I ask who you bought it from? I am curious if it's the same person.

wauwau
08-15-2017, 11:46 AM
Hi Victoria - I have now bought the 59-Retractable - and researched its history a little bit. The last known owner in Texas was a Tony Sanchez from San Antonio who bought the car in 2008 from a Timothy McHugh. The car has been shipped to Europe in 2013 then run in Germany and Switzerland and was bought in 2016 by a collector here in Austria from whom I now got this car.
Hope this is of any help to you! Regards from Austria WERNER